|The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) concept art poster by Ryan Meinerding, Charlie Wen and Andy Park|
Over the weekend Marvel released a series of exclusive posters for Avengers 2 at San Diego Comic Con 2014. Just like in 2012, each stand-alone poster combined together into a single large poster.
Ryan Meinerding is a professional concept storyboard artist who's worked on superhero movies like Captain America: The First Avenger, Thor and Iron Man. Andy Park is a professional concept illustrator who's worked on Thor: The Dark World (2013), Iron Man 3 (2013) and Marvel's the The Avengers (2012). Charlie Wenhas worked on films like The Avengers (2012), Iron Man 3 (2013) and Thor (2011).
Here are some things you may not have noticed
Click on the images to enlarge.
1) Hulk (Mark Ruffalo) has chest hair. Normally he's "man-scaped."
2) Vision. Paul Bettany has said that they're motion-capturing his face, so expect that too.
3) Not surprisingly, Hawkeye's (Jeremy Renner) arrows do nothing. We see a lot sticking out of the robots, but none seem to do anything.
4) Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) has her shock bracelets, known as "Black Widow's Bite." We first saw them in concept art for the Avengers, but they didn't get much use before and didn't show the full glowing costume till now.
5) Captain America (Chris Evans) has ears. Although Cap's ears are exposed in the comics, up until now his ears have been covered in the movies.
6) Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen) can melt the robots. It makes you wonder why the others are there.
7) Quicksilver (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) is insanely fast. It's like he's fighting ten bots at once. You don't even notice how fast he is until you realize he's running all through the poster.
8) Thor's (Chris Hemsworth) hammer looks less stylized than the previous ones. Set pics show the traditional hammer, but why is the poster different? Where are the Nordic symbols? Is it a different hammer?
9. Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) is sporting his new Mark XLIII (43) armor. It looks pretty much the same as the XLII armor except it's red and gold instead of gold and red.
Here's the final poster:
Charlie Wen 's blog is http://charliewen.typepad.com, Andy Park's portfolio is at http://www.andyparkart.com and Ryan Meinerding's site (currently down) is boyrobot.com.
Click on the links if you want to see more of Ryan Meinerding, Andy Park, Charlie Wen's work or The Avengers: Age of Ultron artwork on my blog.
What do you think of the concept art poster? Did you notice anything I missed? Are you looking forward to Avengers 2?
Official The Avengers: Age of Ultron Summary
The The Avengers must assemble to combat the threat of Ultron!
Directed by Joss Whedon
Cinematography by Ben Davis
Starring: Robert Downey, Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Samuel L. Jackson, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Elizabeth Olsen, James Spader
Release date: May 1, 2015 (USA)
Official Site: http://marvel.com
© Copyright 2015 Marvel Studios, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. All rights reserved
- New AVENGERS 2, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Concept Art by Charlie Wen, Andy Park and Others
- Amazing THOR:THE DARK WORLD Concept Art by Andy Park, Charlie Wen, Constantine Sekeris and Jackson Sze