One More Fake Rejected Godzilla Concept Art Image?

Is this Godzilla concept art rejected by the studio Legendary Pictures?

According to Comic Book Movie which broke the image.
Like I said these were posted almost a year ago in the magazine, but outside of a few Godzilla fan communities this didn't seem to get picked up by most sites. I think it is certainly worth a peek. As you can see the first version is much more like the original design of Godzilla, while the other one has more of a T-Rex like look to it. It Reminds me of the Roland Emmerich version.

Everyone says G-Fan Magazine swears to it's authenticity, but I haven't read the article myself. Several say it's the "latest issue", which would be the fall 2011 issue (#97). But, it doesn't have any article titles even close to this. Unless its the article "King Kong vs. Frankenstein Part 2".

Comic Book Movie says it's in the February issue and the magazine is published quarterly. So, I'm assuming that's issue #94 in the article called "Godzilla still in Legendary limbo?"
What I find most interesting is the font is pretty generic and doesn't look like magazine font at all. In fact, at least one copy of the image is in landscape while the others are portrait. Smells like MS Paint to me.

Just like all the others, it may be fan art. Still cool. I like the different sized spines he has.

No word on the artist(s). You can read more about Legendary Pictures at http://www.legendary.com/.

Via Shock Till You Drop

Comments