See Battle-Cat As You Always Imagined Him in MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE Concept Art


Check out Masters of the Universe concept art!

When I was a kid I loved the animated show He-Man and The Masters of the Universe but it didn't really live up my expectations. The 1987 film with Dolph Lundgren was an even bigger disappointment, but now it looks like we finally may get the He-Man movie the world deserves. Columbia Pictures's upcoming live-action reboot adaptation of the popular 1980s Mattel toyline is still in the script-writing stage, but that doesn't mean we don't get concept art!

Click on the images to enlarge.


For those unfamiliar with it, it's based on a toyline which had a barbarian, named He-Man, fighting against a musclebound skull-faced villain named Skelator on an alien world. You know he was tough since rode on a giant tiger wearing armor. Recently, Columbia Pictures Senior Vice President, DeVon Franklin sent out a tweet of what looks like concept art of Battle Cat.


Here's what the toy looked like

Here's what the animated version looked like.

Click on the links if you want to see more Masters of the Universe artwork on my blog.

What do you think of the concept art? If you've seen Masters of the Universe what do you think of the new look?


Comments

  1. It's so interesting to see the animation for that show again. I didn't watch a lot of it (was I older? not sure? too into Scooby Doo - probably), but I remember watching it with my niece who decided she was more into She-Ra. I hope they do a good job with the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Battle Cat is amazing. I wonder if they'll do Cringer, too. Probably best to leave him behind

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed. Unless he’s voiced by Rob Schneider. Then it must happen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment